The mission of our academic medical enterprise is to enhance the health and health equity of individuals and communities through world-class education, research from discovery through implementation sciences, and patient care. We actively pursue excellence in all areas of our mission.
The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) and GW Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) is an academic medical enterprise that:
- Trains world-class scientists, clinicians, and health care leaders using innovative platforms and technologically advanced clinical education tools to meet tomorrow’s scientific and health care system needs.
- Delivers high-quality, accessible, preventive and clinical care by leveraging multi-specialized interdisciplinary teams and harnessing technology.
- Creates new knowledge through clinician/scientist collaboration to have a sustainable impact on biomedical science, clinical practice, and public health.
- Leads by example in equity, antiracism, diversity, and inclusion.
- Invests in the health, wellness, and career advancement of the entire GW SMHS/MFA community.
- Improves the health of the Washington, D.C. region, through bidirectional community engagement.
- Maximizes our unique location by infusing our regional, national, and global connectivity into educational, training, research, and clinical activities.